BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, August 5, 2011

2 at a time!

I'll be kicking myself with these first socks too... I was too determined to really put 2 at a time socks into practice and jumped into some basic stretch tube socks. No biggie... its going OK... but my smallest needle for a 40" is #4 but the pattern calls for #3.


I figured:

Hey, I have big feet, as in thick... a high instep... plus size 9.

It'll be fine.

Well an inch into the cuff and I'm thinking they may be too big around. I dunno. Do I continue? Or do I wait for my accidentally ordered Addi Turbo needles. Yeah, I punched the enter key after I'd entered all the details but was really just hitting it out of habit but now things are ordered! I think I'll live.

Along the same topic though obviously post digression into silly keyboard punching, I think I've got the magic loop/2 at a time sock trick totally mastered!

My First foray into Magic Loop was by accident a few months ago. It was mastered a couple of weeks ago as I worked on my lovely little Lamby Doorstop. Its so much easier than I realized, as most knitting techniques seem to be I am happily finding. Now I am showing my skills off to a confused looking DH who can't fathom just what this purple loopy thing with two different colours of yarn sliding back and forth is. hehe

I'm enjoying a Pushing Daisies full rewatch as I work on my socks. I just saw two gorgeous scarves in a row! To Ravelry!

0 comments: